Aamir waiting for Salman's wedding


Bollywood star Aamir Khan, who turned 46 today, is eagerly waiting for his friend and popular actor Salman Khan to get married.

"I am waiting for Salman''s wedding. I believe everyone is desperately waiting for his wedding. The day he gets married would be ''khaas'' (special) for all of us. Whenever, I talk to Salman about wedding he just smiles," Aamir told reporters here at his Pali Hill residence, after cutting the birthday cake.

On the ideal match for Salman, Aamir said, "He has many ''hasinas'' (beautiful girls) roaming around him. So he has the choice."
The two Khans were last seen together onscreen in Rajkumar Santoshi''s ''Andaz Apna Apna'' (1994), a cult comedy.
According to reports, both are keen to do a sequel.

Of late, both the actors have become good friends. If Salman praises Aamir''s ''Peepli Live'' then Aamir reciprocates by applauding ''Dabangg''.

Aamir says the biggest gift on his birthday would be the title for Reema Kagti''s upcoming suspense-thriller film.
"Give me a title for Reemaji''s film and that would be the biggest gift on my birthday. It is a suspense-thriller film. I request my fans and audience to think of a name."
Besides Kagti''s untitled project with Rani Mukerji and Kareena Kapoor, he would be seen in Yash Raj''s ''Dhoom 3''.

Aamir started his career as a child actor in uncle Nasir Hussain''s ''Yaadon Ki Baaraat'' in 1973. Eleven years later, he acted in ''Holi''.

His first commercial success came with ''Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak'' and he then went on to give several hits like ''Dil'', ''Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar'' and ''Hum Hain Rahi Pyar Ke''.

"I don''t think the fact that I am on the wrong side of 40 affects me. With passing years I had a lot of good things happening. I feel professionally I am at the peak of my career."
The actor says he is grateful to his family, friends and fans for all love and blessings.

Aamir, who had made commitments to himself like learning Marathi, swimming and cooking on his last birthday, has achieved some of the targets. "I have started learning Marathi and swimming but I haven''t learnt cooking. I wanted to spend more time with Ammi. Since last month she is staying here in the same building. Kiran and I are staying with her," he said.

Khan ventured into production and gave blockbusters such as ''Taare Zameen Par'', ''Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na'', ''Peepli Live'' and ''Dhobi Ghat''. "I am happy that I have supported new talent with two women directors -- Anusha Rizvi and Kiran.
Both of them are talented directors besides Reemaji."
"For past several years audiences have seen men''s perspective of filmmaking...their emotions and understanding of relations. We haven''t seen much perspective of a women director as few women take up direction. But now things are changing... women are becoming directors," he added.

Total Pageviews