Abhishek-Sarah Jane sizzle on screen


Former Miss World Sarah Jane Dias, who romances Abhishek Bachchan in 'Game', says that it was easy to work with the actor because he is easy to approach and has no hang-ups of a star.

'Abhishek comes to set as an actor not as a star,' Sarah told IANS at the on-going Lakme Fashion Week here.

She feels movies is a natural progression from modelling.

'I think it's a natural progression. I always wanted to be a performer. When I was young, I didn't know which medium I would choose.... as the time passed, I a realised that acting is what I want to do,' said Sarah.

Giving a sneak preview of her character, Sarah said: 'My character is Maya. From her childhood she is stuck into not-so-happy circumstances. She tries to escape that and lands up in a mess. Somewhere down the line she falls in love with Abhishek Bachchan.'

How she got the role?

'Nandini, who is the casting director, told me that there is a film and I went for the audition and that's how it happened,' sarah said.

Apart from Abhishek and Sarah, the action thriller produced by Excel Entertainment stars Kangana Ranaut, Jimmy Shergill, Boman Irani, Anupam Kher and Shahana Goswami among others. Abhinay Deo has directed the movie, which is releasing April 1.

Asked if she got enough screen space, Sarah said: 'Excel is a very fair company. The role of Maya is very integral part in the film and that's all I needed to know when I signed it.'

Total Pageviews