Hugh Jackman to star in Les Miserables movie


Hugh Jackman has confirmed he’ll be playing Jean Valjean in the film version of the hit musical Les Miserables.
“I do have a desire to do a movie musical. Looks like that’s coming true because I’m gonna do Les Miserables, the movie version of it, next year. I’m excited. That’s something I need to bring my A-game for,” he said.
Jackman, who will take the role of moral hero Jean Valjean, said the film of Les Miz, which has its roots in the London, Broadway and international hit produced by Cameron Mackintosh, will start filming next year, after he shootsWolverine 2 this fall.
Hugh recently admitted he doesn’t look “cool” enough when he is clean-shaven and claims directors always ask him to show up on set with a few days of stubble.
“The truth is, there’s rarely been a role in any movie where I haven’t had to have facial hair as I have a bit of a baby face,” he said.
“Every time I turn up on set the director says, ‘I think a four-day growth would be good!’ And every photo shoot I go on I get a call beforehand saying don’t shave because I don’t look cool enough apparently.
“It’s an occupational hazard.”

Total Pageviews