Stop using my name: Kajal Agarwal

She is undoubtedly amongst the most wanted actors in the South Indian film industry. Actor Kajal Aggarwal, who has had great success in Tamil and Telugu film industries, is currently unhappy with makers in Sandalwood who have gone on to claim that she’s going to be part of their films.

The film in question is Bul Bul, the Kannada remake of her Telugu superhit Darling opposite Prabhas, which is to be produced by Dinakar Thoogudeep. It has MD Sridhar as its director and Darshan has been roped in for the lead role. The production team has already announced that Kajal will be a part of the film.

“I haven’t signed any Kannada film. I don’t know why my name has been dragged into this. I haven’t been approached by anyone either. Why do people use my name? I’m currently busy with three films, one each in Hindi, Tamil and Telugu. I’ve not signed anything else.” a rather angered Kajal clarifies.

Kajal, who has always maintained that she is open to act in films in all languages, says, “I’m from Mumbai, but I’ve received immense love and acceptance from the film industries in South India. I’m always game to do a Kannada film in case I get a good script.”

The actor is justified in being miffed considering this isn’t the first time that her name has been dragged into publicity. Around a year back, debutant film-maker Raghu Hassan, who was to be making a film titled Tathasthu with newcomer Chiraag in the lead, had made similar claims.

Raghu had then said, “I tried casting Sonam Kapoor. Unfortunately, she did not have the required dates. So I looked for someone of the same personality down south and finalised on Kajal.” Neither did Kajal do the film, nor have we heard anything more from the maker.

Total Pageviews