Helena Bonham Carter loves scaring kids

Helena Bonham Carter pictured in the new Marc Jacobs campaign, which she says she was amazed she got paid to do
Helena Bonham Carter loves “terrifying” children who think she is her Harry Potter character Bellatrix Lestrange.
The British actress who is killed off in the final installment of the franchiseHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 enjoys playing the evil character and is impressed J.K. Rowling, who wrote the original novels on which the films are based, managed to “capture” a generation of kids with her creations.
“I love the number of children I meet who are captivated by it, all of whom think I’m terrifying because I play Bellatrix,” she said.
“How amazing of J.K. Rowling to have captured their imagination.”
The 45-year-old star also admitted she nearly turned down her Oscar-nominated role as Queen Elizabeth who was later known as the Queen Mother in The King’s Speech because she was busy with the Harry Potter films.
“I actually thought of turning down The King’s Speech although I loved it and the story was worth telling because I was also doing Harry Potter and didn’t want to work 24/7, which is what was required,” she said.
“As it turned out Bellatrix was a nice contrast to the Queen Mother.”

Total Pageviews