Amy Winehouse‘s parents speaks!

Amy Winehouse during the 15th annual Q Awards at Grosvenor House in 2004
Amy Winehouse‘s parents have spoken of their heartbreak over her death.
The 27-year-old singer was found dead at her home in Camden, North London yesterday afternoon after a suspected drink and drugs overdose and although Janis and Mitch Winehouse knew their daughter was struggling with addiction, the news has taken them both by surprise.
Janis who admitted thinking it was “only a matter of time” before her daughter died explained about seeing the Rehab singer the day before her death, “She seemed out if it but her passing so suddenly still hasn’t hit me. Amy always said ‘I love you mum’ when we would say goodbye. They are the words I will always treasure. I’m glad I saw her when I did.”
Amy’s devastated father Mitch who was on a plane to New York to prepare for a performance in the city tomorrow when news of his beloved daughter’s demise was revealed spoke of his heartbreak from the city before getting the first plane back to London.
“This isn’t real, I’m completely devastated. I’m getting the next plane back. I’m coming home. I have to be with Amy,” he said.
“I can’t crack up for her sake. My family need me. I’m devastated, it’s such a shock.”

Total Pageviews