Sigourney Weaver hates superheros


Sigourney Weaver is taking on Batman, Superman, Spider-Man and their comic book contemporaries for ruining things for the girls.
The 62-year-old actress says the continuing trend in putting comic characters on the big screen means there are less opportunities for women to kick-ass in movies.
“Comic books are all about the men because they were written in the ’50s and ’60s,” says Sigourney.
“There are gorgeous, occasionally kick-ass characters like Scarlett Johansson in Iron Man 2 but in general I don’t think those guys making those movies were thinking about women. I think as long as Hollywood is doing that, there won’t be these amazing action-women characters.”
Weaver recently revealed she would love to return to her famous role of Ellen Ripley in another Alien sequel but believes her age is a big turn-off for producers.
“It’s just the way the industry is,” says Sigourney who played intergalactic heroine Ripley in four Alien movies.
“While I can’t speak for them but I think for (Twentieth Century) Fox, once you’re 60 you’re not going to be starring in an action movie. I think it’s too bad that that’s the case. I would have liked to do one last story where we go back to the planet, where Ripley’s history is resolved. I do feel like her story is unfinished. I could definitely kick that alien’s ass again!”

Total Pageviews