Sigourney Weaver still hopes for 'Alien 5'


Sigourney Weaver has launched a scathing attack against Hollywood’s ageist movie bosses for denying her one last crack at an Alien.
The 61-year-old actress says she would love to return to her famous role of Ellen Ripley in another Alien sequel but believes her age is a big turn-off for producers.
“It’s just the way the industry is,” says Sigourney who played intergalactic heroine Ripley in four Alien movies.
“While I can’t speak for them but I think for (Twentieth Century) Fox, once you’re 60 you’re not going to be starring in an action movie. I think it’s too bad that that’s the case. I would have liked to do one last story where we go back to the planet, where Ripley’s history is resolved. I do feel like her story is unfinished. I could definitely kick that alien’s ass again!”
Weaver recently insisted she’s growing old gracefully.
“It’s important to grow old gracefully and that’s what I plan to do,” she said. “I am here to stay. I take care of myself and I have the discipline to stay fit and have good health until I am very old.
“I’m not planning on retiring and in many ways, professionally at least, I think my best days are still to come.”

Total Pageviews